Global FICCI Sankalp Summit
The Global FICCI-Sankalp Summit and Innovation Expo brought together over 1,000 innovators, social entrepreneurs, investors, development finance institutions, service providers and donors from India, Africa, Europe and the US to discuss and debate issues, trends and solutions that aid business-led development.
Esteemed speakers at the summit included:
- Shri Nitin Gadkari, Hon. Minister of Road Transport, Highways and Shipping, Government of India
- Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Hon. Minister of Science & Technology, Government of India
- Shri Manoj Sinha, Hon. Minister of State for Railways, Government of India
- Shri Rajiv Pratap Rudy, Hon. Minister of State, Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship
- H.H. Pujya Swamiji Chidanand Saraswatiji Maharaj, President & Spiritual Head, Parmarth Niketan Ashram
- Dr. A. Didar Singh, Secretary General, FICCI
- and many more leading CEOs, NGO Directors and Founders, and more.
Pujya Swamiji gave an inspiring address to the summit, speaking about how innovations in science and technology must go hand-in-hand with innovations in spirituality, saying that today, instead of filling our shelves with new gadets & devices, we should also fill our Self with new thoughts and ideas. He also spoke on spirituality’s role to inspire the masses to eradicate poverty and improve WASH (Water, Sanitation & Hygiene).
Over 200 innovative solutions were showcased from regions such as Africa and South East Asia that can address global development challenges. The summit aimed to address critical sectors of water and sanitation, affordable healthcare, education, and food security.